From Ugly Ducklings … part 1

Well I am a long, long way from transforming my ugly ducklings into beautiful swans but I have had some success using the soya wax screen on a piece of really awful fabric. Again I found that using white ‘L’ frames to select small sections of fabric really helped me to evaluate the results. As a big piece of fabric it does absolutely nothing for me. But in small sections it shows promise!

Original fabric on right, I added lots of lines using a soya wax screen

Original fabric on right, I added lots of lines using a soya wax screen

Fabric scrapped with thickened dyes then overprinted using a soya wax screen

Fabric scrapped with thickened dyes then overprinted using a soya wax screen

I also took a piece that was original printed with the soya wax screen and added more lines, mostly in a mid grey colour selected from the same Dunure colour family. The resulting fabric is also best viewed in small sections but is definitely starting to spark!

Soya wax screen and thickened dyes

Soya wax screen and thickened dyes

Soya wax screen and thickened dyes

Soya wax screen and thickened dyes

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s